Kahoolawe Reserve Commission; Book on Israel; Solar Energy; Improvocation
Tuesday, January 13th – from HPR2, it’s The Conversation
Michael Naho’opi’i is the Executive Director of the Kahoolawe Island Reserve Commission. He has been involved with Kaho’olawe from virtually every perspective in its recent history. A long-time Protect Kaho’olawe ‘Ohana (PKO) member and former US Navy Officer-in-Charge of Kaho’olawe during the conveyance of the island to the State of Hawai’i, he was a senior manager during the early Model Cleanup and the later Navy Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) clearance project.
- Intro Music: Dakara, Air Says Breathe (Feat. Montclaire) by Ohtoro
- Outro Music: Dream of Kaho‘olawe by Doug & Sandy McMaster
What is day-to-day life like in Israel? Few of us in America think of it as a place where people work and play and where, for most people, life goes on as it would in any other country. It’s a perspective that’s best understood from the perspective of its citizens. More than 50 of those voices are heard in “Israeli Life and Leisure in the 21st Century,” which was edited by Michael Leitner and his wife Sara. Michael joined with us in studio.
- Intro Music: It's Rainy in Ny by David Broza
- Outro Music: Ata Lo Levad by Dana Berger and Itay Pearl
Not that long ago, Hawaii's booming solar industry saw a very bright future, with no end in sight for its growth. But a moratorium on solar hookup to HECO brought the industry's downturn into sharp focus. Over the last 18 months, thousands of customers have been waiting for permission to connect their solar power systems, but only a handful have been recently granted. As Hawaii's legislative session is set to start, the Executive Director of the Hawaii Solar Industry Association, Leslie Cole-Brooks, has a pointed to-do list for lawmakers.
- Intro Music: empire! empire! (i was a lonely estate): I Was Somewhere Cold, Dark…. And Lonely
- Outro Music: Pity for the Gifted by The Coach and Four
Chris Rose and the other members of Maui Improv will perform “Improvocation,” at the Maui Fringe Theater Festival, which runs January 23 through 25th at the Historic Iao Theater.
- Intro Music: You're on Fire (Too Fat) by David Holmes
- Outro Music: Was All Talk by Kurt Vile