UHERO Construction Report; Crispin Glover; Honolulu Architecture & Changing Skyline; Vaastu Shastra
Friday, March 27th – from HPR2, it’s The Conversation
Carl Bonham is UH Economic Research Organization’s Executive Director and a Professor of Economics. He was a founding member of UHERO in 1997 and his research interests include macroeconomics, applied econometrics and forecasting, tourism economics, and the Hawai`i economy.
- Intro Music: Ready To Start by The Arcade Fire
- Outro Music: Follow by Diiv
Crispin Hellion Glover is an actor and director who will screen two of his films “What Is It?” and “It’s Fine, Everything is Fine” tonight and tomorrow at Nextdoor in downtown Honolulu.
- Intro Music: Weird Fishes/Arpeggi by Radiohead
- Outro Music: Blue Monday by Flunk
David Bylund is a principal with Architects Hawaii. He heads the firm's Healthcare Studio, the Sustainability in Architecture program, and is the director of design. His portfolio includes the Ronald T.Y. Moon Judiciary Complex, University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine, and the Kameda Medical Center in Japan.
- Intro Music: The Architect by O.A.R.
- Outro Music: Here I Dreampt I Was An Architect by The Decemberists
Kavita A. Chhibber is a practitioner of Vaastu Shastra, an ancient system from India that’s described as an Indian version of feng shui. She’s offering a workshop called ”Ancient Wisdom, Modern Solutions” next Saturday, April 4th, at the Still and Moving Center in Honolulu.
- Intro Music: Right Views by Chinmaya Dunster
- Outro Music: Right Livelihood by Dunster