Water can be a contentious subject, especially in East Maui, where streams have long been diverted for sugar. Now, a battle to restore these streams is coming to an end. We get more from contributing HPR reporter Colleen Uechi of The Maui News .
National and World Headlines
Construction crews are erecting eight looming prototypes of President Trump's border wall in a remote section of the San Diego borderlands. Four are solid concrete; four are made of steel and concrete; one is topped with spikes. They all approach 30 feet in height. Customs and Border Protection is paying $20 million to six construction companies from Mississippi, Maryland, Alabama, Texas and Arizona. Crews in white hardhats operating cranes and forklifts are expected to complete the models by...
- A Tuneful Evening of "Just Jobim" in HPR’s Atherton Studio, November 4
- Jazzy Twists from Vocalist Jonathan Karrant in Atherton Studio, October 28
- Consolidated Theatres Helps Raise Funds for HPR
- Community Endorses HPR in Successful Fall Fundraiser
- Piano Jazz Master Rich Crandall opens Atherton Winter Season, October 21
- Ira Flatow in First Live Hawaiʻi Appearances for HPR Members, July 2018