President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed Executive Order 9066 just months after Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. Some 120,000 people of Japanese ancestry were forced from their homes on the West Coast and sent to one of ten "relocation" camps, where they were imprisoned behind barbed wire for the length of the war. Two-thirds of them were American citizens.
National and World Headlines
The Trump administration wants to allow insurance companies to offer more policies that have limited health benefits and that can reject customers if they have pre-existing medical conditions. Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar says the plans , which don't meet the legal requirements for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act, will allow consumers who can't afford insurance now to find cheaper plans. "It's one step in the direction of providing Americans with health...
- New Weekend Music Programming starts March 3
- Kamakakēhau Fernandez Concert in Atherton CANCELED
- Bay Area trio Eat the Sun improvises in Atherton, March 4 matinee
- Rhythm Summit Takes Drumming to New Heights in Atherton Studio, February 24
- Ira Flatow in First Live Hawaiʻi Appearances for HPR Members, July 2018
- Alexa, Meet Hawaiʻi Public Radio