On this Memorial Day, thousands of paper lanterns will illuminate the waters off Ala Moana Beach Park. 50,000 people are expected to attend tonight’s annual Floating Lantern Hawaii festival. HPR’s Molly Solomon has more.
National and World News
Acknowledging the American service members who have lost their lives in war, President Obama laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery on Monday."The Americans who rest here and their families ... ask of us today only one thing in return: that we remember them," Obama said.Via the White House, here video of the ceremony: Copyright 2016 NPR. To see more, visit NPR.
- Atherton Favorite Streetlight Cadence Returns with New Release, June 11
- HPR Launches Podcast and Radio Series, "Hawaiʻi's New Ice Age: Crystal Meth in the Islands"
- Pianist Thomas Rosenkranz Performs the “Goldberg Variations,” Atherton Studio, May 28
- Nancy Shoop-Wu on the Rainbow Road in HPR’s Atherton Studio, May 21
- HOT’s Opera Express opens Atherton Studio 2016 Summer Season with The Magic Flute
HPR-Produced Talk Shows
HPR-Produced Music Shows
Weekdays 8:30 AM - Noon on HPR-1 Studio Line: (808) 792-8245 About the show:HPR Music Director Gene Schiller's signature program begins each weekday morning with Morning Cafe, a refreshing blend of music, usually built around a special theme. The program also includes the daily "Writers Almanac," interesting features, and frequently live interviews with visiting guest artists. After the 10am NPR news break, Morning Concert kicks in with longer classical works.About the host:Gene Schiller...